Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving, Transformers and Tripoley

The members house we are emailing at are watching the old transformers cartoons. Pretty epic.

We had like five thanksgivings. Lots of rolls, mostly. We talked with some Iranians. They were jack Muslims, so they didn't really know anything.  The food was just normal, I was hoping for something interesting, but no luck.  She moved here when she was four. 

We have one kid on date. He is mostly silent, so we are hoping he actually understands stuff. We are pretty sure he does.

We are teaching a great family known as the Rodriguez'. He is the principal at the local elementary school. We spent Wednesday night over at their house. We played Tripoley for some time before we left. It's a game like poker, except with a lot more chips involved. Pretty fun. She was really concerned that we wouldn't be able to play, but I said it was just an old timers thing that we couldn't play cards. They have the whole table and chips and everything. It's a lot of fun. Tripoley is a huge win/loss game. You either get a lot of chips really fast, or you lose all of them.

We are an experimental Ward with JustServe.org. I am not exactly sure what that means, since it is already up and running. Y'all should sign up for that. It's really cool. It's a site the church has set up for service. It is designed to promote interfaith work. The test missions that used it don't proselyte anymore, they just teach.

I have decided I want a ball python when I get home. Elder Sperry has told me all about them. They seem awesome.

The other elders that live in the complex are a lot of fun. We hang out a lot.

This is a good area to go home from. The members are great. We meet at 2:30 in the afternoon, which I like. It is really good for missionary work. It gives us an opportunity to meet with people and bring them to church.

I wish Lincoln had more to it. Walmart and Target are basically the only places to shop. Which is annoying.

I have started teaching the other Elders around here how to play the harmonica. It's becoming quite the thing.

It's starting to rain a lot and I hate it. Even though the state needs it, I hate biking in it.


Elder Sperry and Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment