Tuesday, December 16, 2014

I Survived the Rainpocalypse and All I Got Was Wet

Transfers came. Elder Sperry is moving on the Antelope. I am getting Elder Christensen. He came out with Sperry, so he is a young missionary. I might him at the training meeting. He is very tall.

By the way, it was a five week transfer. They didn't want to transfer the week of Christmas.

We have our Christmas devotional on Thursday. I am playing the harmonica for a special number, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day?"  I am going to tell the story first.

We had a lot of rain on Thursday. It was supposed to shut down the state and drown it into oblivion, thereby ending all life west of Utah. As usual, it wasn't even bad. People overreact to everything. 

Our Ward mission leader was on the show "Shark Tank." He is the first guy on Season 2 Episode 6. He is an entrepreneur. Currently he deals in Camera Lucidas, Camera Obscuras and Zoetropes and the like. His website is getlucid-art.com. He is cool.

We did service at a crazy Filipino lady's house this week. She has a bidet. Every inch of her walls are covered in interesting, intricate gobbledegook. Porcelain dolls, jade carvings, etc. She fed us well.

I am not look informed to biking in the rain in he coming weeks. Christmas should be nice though.

- Elder Hyde


No comments:

Post a Comment