Monday, September 8, 2014

Harry, Habbukkuk and a Dash of Tchaikovsky

A lot of Harry Nilsson music has been stuck in my head this week. "One," "Sleep Late My Lady Friend," "Without Her," and, of course, "Don't Leave Me Baby." 

We have done a lot of driving around, as a lot of people are still not home. We weren't able to meet with any investigators again, but we did meet with a few less actives.

We did exchanges this week with the Colfax elders. Elder McGuffey is from Georgia and he is hilarious.

Other than that not a whole lot happened this week. Although I feel the need to share more.

I was reading in Habbukkuk yesterday, and I realized that Habbukkuk explicitly says that the second coming is going to take a lot longer than anyone expected. So I don't know why people are surprised.

Vielstich and I discovered a mutual love and appreciation for Tchaikovsky. I mean, String Quartet #1, Andante Cantabile is one of the best pieces of music I have ever heard. Not to forget the "Liturgy of St. Chrysostom." The contrast of a rock bottom bass and a falsetto tenor is ever to be appreciated. "Romeo and Juliet" ain't bad either. 


No comments:

Post a Comment