Monday, January 6, 2014

New iPads


New iPad

I realize that I didn't post a picture, but these are our new iPads! I am so excited to be able to use it.

I had something really good this week: Broccoli-Slaw. It is like coleslaw, except instead of cabbage you use shredded broccoli stems. Pretty darn good stuff.

A Less-Active in the ward gave us these:
Angel Prayer Stone
It is called an "Angel Prayer Stone." It is supposed to bring peace into your life or something. It;s just a little Angel Figurine encapsulated in acrylic.

One of our investigators had a major depressive episode this week because of a medication change. We shared a lot of scriptures with her and I think she is okay now.

Elder Champagne has amazing prayers. He prays from the heart in a way most people don't. 

I have been studying the doctrine of grace this week. I think it is something that should be emphasized more as Mormons. We tend to become to works centered. There is a great talk by Dallin H. Oaks entitled, "Have You Been Saved?" It is from the April 1998 conference.

I got a big 'ol package from the ward a couple days ago, full of candy and stuff. Much appreciated. 


The work is continuing onward!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl says the angel looks like it is made out of butter. Yum!

    ReplyDelete