Monday, January 20, 2014

Dog the Missionary Hunter

Greetings all.

Transfer calls came in super early last night. But it also came in broken. So I didn't know where I was going until we called the Zone Leaders.

I am going to the Marysville first ward, in the Yuba City Zone. I will be with Elder Paquette. Elder Paquette served in Liberty Ward almost a year ago, so we will have stuff to talk about. My new address is 1210 E. 22nd St. Apt. 107, Marysville CA, 95901

From what I have heard, Marysville is about as ghetto as Oroville, except smaller. There have been several episodes of "Dog: The Bounty Hunter" filmed there. So that should give you an idea of what it is like. You should watch those and see what my new home is like. 

This week has been beautiful. The weather was amazing. I am going to miss Gridley, probably even more than Rocklin. There is something about this little orchard town that has taken my heart. I love the orchards, the ducks, the members, the weather. 

California is in major drought mode right now. They have had to open the irrigation ditches because there has been no rain yet. Maybe that's something you could pray for. Remember Matthew 5:45 (That ye may be the children  of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.). We may not have rain because of Southern California, but for the sake of Northern California, maybe we can get some. 

I had cow tongue on my nachos today. I had to try it before I left Gridley. Turns out, I really like it.

This week, we made PVC pipe bows. They have about 45 pounds tension on them. Pretty fun stuff.

Elder Bliss turned 25 on Saturday, so we went to a member's house for a party. They had a huge bonfire that they threw an old entertainment center in. Turns out, speakers burn blue and green.

Till next week,

Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment