Monday, December 9, 2013

What if transfers, perhaps, were a little bit more?

Boyer leaves in T-minus 2 and a half hours.

He will be replaced by Elder Champagne tomorrow. I served around Elder Champagne in Rocklin, so I already know him. He is, as my dad would describe him, a goat-roper. He is from the same town as Forrest Gump. Alabama someplace, if I recall.


We are also saying goodbye to Elder Call, who goes home as well. I will be companions with Tepox today, because we will both be left alone. But hey, that means I get to drive!

I just got over being sick yesterday. It has been a terrible week. 

On the up and up, our heater is getting fixed tomorrow morning. Yay!

Christmas is coming up, and I am more of a baby for cold than I realized. We got our first frost yesterday morning, and there are patches of snow on the Buttes. It is maybe 40 degrees at the coldest, and I feel like I am going to die. People make fun of me because I am from Utah. But I was always this way. 


This is a picture of the Buttes a week or so ago, before it froze. This is what the weather has been like for a while. Overcast and pretty chilly. Occasional fog. 

Until next week, 

Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment