Monday, September 9, 2013

Gridley: The Gift that Keeps on Giving

Hello all,

This week has been mostly uneventful. Work is slow. 

Mosquitoes are out in a major way, because most of the orchards just got flooded again. 

I don't really know what else to say. 

Transfers are next Sunday, so it will be fun to see where everyone goes. 

At weekly planning on Friday, we accidentally showed up at the building during Zone Leader conference. It gave me a chance to see Elder Payne, Elder Edwards, and Elder Nalder again. So that was nice. 

I finally feel at home in Gridley. I know the place, I can get around, and I know all the interesting places and people. It feels nice. 

Kiwis trees smell nasty. 

We had a discussion as Elders and we decided that we are always protected by the Spirit. Gridley and Live Oak are a lot more sketch than we thought they were. A kid in Live Oak was murdered last week, and there is a strong drug presence in the area. The Spanish Missionaries work a lot in the labor camps, and everybody says they are lucky to not have been mugged yet. I am sure part of that is Mexican stereotyping, but it is also a valid concern. It is so cool that none of us ever feel in danger, even when half the people that live there do.

Anyway, have a good time wherever you are. 

- Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment