Monday, August 26, 2013

A Much Better Week

One and All,

This week went so much better than last week. The work: Slow and hard. No new investigators, no real successes actually. But at least nothing went wrong. 

I will end this transfer with extra money in my allotment, which is unusual. Not that I am complaining. It is sweet. 

I am slowly adjusting to the abrupt change in lifestyle here. Gridley is a vastly different place than Rocklin, and as a result there has been a steep learning curve. 

There are a lot of abandoned houses here. It is not unusual for there to be two or three houses on the lot, but usually one of them is purely for trash. Broken windows, holes in the doors, and huge mountains of trash in the house. It is kinda creepy actually. There is a guy we have been trying to get a hold of who has three houses on the lot, but ALL of them are full of trash. He lives in the mobile home. 

I need to take more pictures. 

Elder Tepox paid me 5 bucks to eat a tree pepper. My mouth was on fire for at least an hour, but it was totally worth it. 

I don't think anything else happened. Have a good week!

- Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment