Monday, July 1, 2013

New Companion

Hello all,

My new companion is Elder Heninger. He is from Lehi, UT. He went to Lone Peak high school. So far he is the only one I could have known before the mission. He is a lean, hyper 19 year old who has been out 10 months now. His work ethic is astounding. Take for instance last night. We had ten minutes of work time left with nothing to do. I said we should go home and start planning, but he wanted to get one more other lesson before we went in. Although we weren't able to teach a lesson, we were able to help move someone into our apartment complex.

Needless to say, I am the most tired I have been in a long time as a result of this week.

Even though we are working harder, our teaching pool is beginning to dry up. Maybe it is the 105+ degrees weather we have been having, or maybe it is a result of a overarching war of heavens. Regardless, we are busting our butts trying to find people to talk to. The bishop gave us a promise that if we visit at least six members a week, we will find someone to teach. He gave that promise as one who holds the keys over our area, so we are going to trust him.

My goals for this week are to develop more Christ-like attributes and not open my birthday package.

- Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment