Monday, June 24, 2013

Baptism and TRANSFERS!

First, the more important of the two.

On Saturday, June 22nd, Kris Oliver Conrad was baptized, and yesterday I was able to confirm him. It was an amazing experience. Kris is a soft spoken man who speaks casually of his adventures in Alaska, Switzerland, the Middle East and Nauvoo. He speaks more about Nauvoo than any place else, because he says that he felt something different there, something peaceful.

He raised two kids by himself, and has been looking into the church for years now. He decided it was time to call the missionaries. Although he lived in the 4th ward, his media referral still came to us. Some would say it was a technology glitch, but Payne, Kris and I came to the conclusion that it was because we were his missionaries. He said that no matter what happens in life, I will always be his "confirminator."



Now, the moment you've all been waiting for: TRANSFERS!

Payne has been transferred up north to Redding, to be a zone leader.

I am staying here. My new companion is Elder Henager. I think that's how it's spelled. I haven't met him yet, and I won't until tomorrow, so more on him next week.

This week has been very successful. We picked up a new investigator named Jim, and got several referrals to look into. Hopefully the broadcast from yesterday will inspire people to help us more.


- Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment