Monday, May 27, 2013

It may not be Russia, but it is Warm. (Sorta)

Dear Everyone,

I just finished reading a letter from my friend David. His adventures in Russia are somewhat enviable, but also make me grateful for serving my mission in the Saratoga Springs of California. 

Today, it is raining. The second time since I got here. Thankfully, it is not as hard as the first time.

In other news, I had my first true baptisms on Saturday. I baptized Tyler Otis Allan, and then Elder Payne baptized Kerianne Hyacinth Allan. On Sunday, we switched for the confirmations. 

The Allan family has been inactive for several years now. Recently, Brother Allan almost died from acute hydrocephalus. Luckily, the ward stepped in and provided meals and blessings. Later that week, the Allans wanted us to teach their kids so they could get baptized. 
Tyler is Autistic, as well as having some other issues. He is accountable though, and it gave me a special experience being able to teach and baptize him. After the baptism, he kept telling us how much fun it was. He was also surprised that his temporary tatoos didn't come off. 

This has been a good week. I am so excited for next week. Love you guys!

- Elder Hyde


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment