Sunday, March 31, 2013

Exact Obedience and Brotherly Love





They emphasize something with us here.  It applies to teaching anybody the gospel.

  This diagram:






            








Your job as a teacher is to make it look like this:


  











You are not supposed to be building a relationship with the student, so much as building a relationship between the student and God.

... I am feeling the spirit constantly and learning so much.

Thank you for raising me in a way that having this huge dosage of the spirit seems natural.  I love you guys.

How does the job search go?  How are the kids dealing with my absence?

I think I can deal with being separated from you because I have been thrown into a new environment where I don’t expect you to be, whereas you are in the same environment just without me. 

Today I had a “chicken fried steak”, and it made me miss yours.

I get more letters than everyone in the district except Sister Grand, who gets ten a day.

The culture is very different than it used to be.  It is one of exact obedience and brotherly love. 

The worst thing here is that there are some sister who still think they are in High School.  Luckily, they aren’t in my zone.

It feels so good to wear the name of Christ over my heart.

I love you guys.

Yours,

Elder Hyde

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that is the sweetest thing - the chicken fried steak comment - Now I want to try your chicken fried steak!

    My poor kids won't have anything to compare to, you're such good parents...and such blessed kids.

    ReplyDelete